Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Training Report # 3

and counting....... it is not my age!!!   it is my last week millage!! I think this is the highest millage I have ever done. For most of my runner  friends it might not be a lot but it is for me and I am very happy about it. Also I am happy because of the quality of the runs. I felt strong in all of them and I have started to do some speed work again. From now on my millage will keep increasing and the next few weeks are going to be tough since I need to do 20+ miles runs every weekend plus the week runs including a long run during the week too! Soon I will be doing 2 long runs of 26 miles each one...that is a Marathon!! I can't believe I will just run a marathon as a training run!

I haven't been that good with  cross training though :(. I am making the same mistakes I did when I got injured...running, running, running and ZERO cross training!! I was good for a couple of week but last week I was so busy  the days I was not running that I didn't do anything else....I NEED TO DO IT!!  It is just so difficult to balance work, running, friends, personal life and also cross training!!! I need more hours!!!

4 comments:

  1. you need sleep, rest and good eats...

    that's also important...plus stretching...lots of that...

    cross train...well you can stretch at the bar...and cross train there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating a lot and sleeping even more...streching before and after running....so I guess I am good to go coach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest days girl. Rest days will save your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your training! Good to see you out there today. Definitely try to squeeze in some cross training to give your body a much needed rest and to build your strength. Your legs and core will need it when you are running 50 miles.

    ReplyDelete