Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sneak peak of my ultra

I can't believe it is just 45 days away!!! I think that I really don't fully understand the challenging of running 50 miles. I just keep thinking I will do it as I always do everything I want to do.  I am not sure whether I am just stubborn or determined but what I do know is that when I want to do something there is no GOD that can stop me. I keep thinking why did I decide to do this, when did I have this crazy idea? I can't really remember the exact moment but I have no doubts I will finish it even if I have to jump to the finish line in one leg :). Just a bad injury could stop me (knocking wooden).  May be I am too confident but it has worked for me so far so why change it?!?!   People think I am crazy,  even other runners do but well I haven't done very crazy things in my life and it is time!!

Let's take a look in what I am getting into!!

The ultra is road loop around the most beautiful Finger Lake in Western New York. Scenic roads, wineries and peak fall foliage.

Total gain and loss for 50 miles is approximately 3500 feet… most of the gain and loss is in four climbs and descents being the Bopple Hill (670 feet in 0.8 mile) the highest one.




Some numbers to compare:
                                                               ING NYC Marathon                    My Ultra     
Distance                                                  26.2miles/ 42.16km                  50miles/ 80.46km
Total elevation gain                                             885                                          2200
Participants                                                      40,000+                             70 (as of today)
Aid Stations                                                        24                                              11
    
Elevation Chart

View from the top of Bopple Hill.....if you are still breathing!!

And here some scenic views....I will be running just there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment