Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mid week balance: Almost back to normality!!!

This week training has been much better!! I am slowly going back to normality!!  Last Sunday I did my longest ride bike ever 29 miles and I think I am finally liking this new sport.  I just needed to start doing it with friends, it so much fun!! even if you are not riding with them all the time just knowing that they are around and that they will  pass you or you will pass them or just get together at the end...it is much more excited with friends!!!

I am also enjoying my role as a mentor but I have learned one lesson: the days I am assigned to work with the beginners I need to get my run done before, I can't count on getting my miles with them as you never know when you will need to walk  the whole work out to help someone.

Yesterday I did my first speed class of the year!! wow...I have really avoided it for this long? It is not a secret that I am not a fast runner but  I used to have a decent pace which I have lost during the last year for just focusing on ultras. I didn't do speed classes and  I was tired all the time for doing so many long runs that my races very getting just slower and slower!!! It was time to do something about it!!!  I will try to focus more on  my speed during this second half of the year...we will see if I can stay away from ultras for some months...and work more in my half and marathon pace ...Berlin here I go!!


Soaked but happy!!

This is what I have done these days:

Sunday: 29 miles ride bike

Monday: 5.5 miles run

Tuesday: Speed class -  @ 1 mile warm up - 1 x1 mile, 2 x 1/2 mile, 4 X 1/4 mile- @ 1 mile cold down

Wednesday:  6 miles ...soaked tempo run with my friend Celia (tempo for me, like a walk in the park for her!! she is much faster than me!!)....final pace a little slower that our plan...it was pour raining, we got soaked and we were dragging our soaked shoes around the park...couldn't even see where we were running!! Murphy law: after 30 minutes the rain stop and it was sunny!!






Just 2 days until Friday!!! woooooohoooooo...hang it there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment