Monday, June 27, 2011

Long run and bike riding!

Just a short update on the training side....The second half of the week went even better than the first one!! I think I am finally recovering and I can start my new training plan for the second half of the year.  I felt much stronger and I haven't have a single pain or soreness.  Friday was my first day off since the previous Friday and I really enjoyed!!!  On  Saturday morning I met my usual Saturday running group and we all went for a long run. Some of us needed to do 16 miles and others 14.  I am one of the slower in the group so when they  are doing their " easy runs" for me it is really like a tempo run!! LOL 

I still need to figure out  my pace "goal" for the next marathon. With all the ultra training I am not sure anymore about my pace. I have been slower but because I was tired.  I am not really sure how much I can improve if I am not exhausted for running a "marathon" every weekend!!  I think it will take me a couple of weeks  until I can see the effects of being "rested" and the result of the speed work on my pace. 

I did the 16 miles faster than my last road marathon pace but slower than my half marathon pace on Brooklyn a few weeks ago (Not that I was looking to do that pace for this run as that was one of my best half) .

I have also  started to do more cycling this week and hopefully I will keep doing it at least 2 times per week. My goal is to do a short ride during the week (@ 15 miles) and a long one on the weekends.  It is a great cross training and  I am also hoping to do a Duathlon sometime soon.

Thursday: 15 miles bike ride
Friday: Off
Saturday: 16 miles (2 complete loops in Central Park + 1 lower loop)
Sunday: 32 miles bike ride

No comments:

Post a Comment