Thursday, June 2, 2011

Counting down the hours!!!!!

I am tapering and I am nervous!!! I'd rather be running now! I have slowed down my runs the last 2 weeks and I feel heavy so heavy!!!  I have been eating a lot and I haven't weight my self since Bear Mountain....I don't need to do it....I know I have gained weight but I can't dieting now!!!!  Monday will we another week and I will start a new training plan...hopefully all the weight I have gained training for the ultra will go away!! I might be the only ultramarathoner that gain weight!! LOL seriously !! but I was hungry all the time!!! and I can't run a marathon every weekend eating just lettuce and tomatoes!!!!

I just finished packing and tomorrow morning I will be leaving to DC....50 miler is on Saturday!!!!  I am flying because the ultra is 50 miles away from the city (may be I should just run from there :)), close to the Dulles Airport so it is more convenient to fly there that take the train to the city. The hotel is just 16 miles away from the airport and the race is another 6 miles away from the Hotel....I will rent a car to go around. I will arrive tomorrow at noon and first thing I will do is to drive to the start line!!! I want to make sure I won't get lost at 3:30 AM!!!

We have a very early start 5AM,  bag checking closed at 4:30 and bid pick up is at 3:45AM... may be it is better just not to go to bed!!! LOL.

I am still working on my logistics...should I go to bed very early, take an sleeping pill?? how come I will fall sleep at 6 PM???  should I have dinner very early or wake up and have dinner later, will I be hungry to have breakfast so early??  Will I find some whole wheat pasta around the hotel?  Too many decision !! and I am nervous!!!  what to wear!!!! It will be hot, very hot and I don't want to chafe!!!

I bought a huge Vaseline and just hope I can take it through the airport security with all my suncream, gels and pills!!! electrolytes pills looks very suspicious!! LOL...white powder :))  my luggage doesn't look normal AT ALL!!!! I have 15 power gels,  Advil, cramp pills, headlamp.....you name it and I have it!!

I will try to squeeze all this through security......don't want to check my bag!!! imagine if I lose any of my essentials!!! NO WAY!!!

Now I will take a hot bubble bath...relax with some candles and concentrate on the goal....I like to visualize myself crossing the finish line and thinking how I will feel...then I know I will do it!!!

Course map...out and back with a 3 loop in a trail called "Difficult Run"...mmm...that doesn't sound good :(
 
I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT....IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT HUMID, I AM STRONG!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're going to do great! All that matters is that you have fun and make it to the finish line! Can't wait to hear how you make it through security and all the other stories that are bound to come from this adventure! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaseline and suncream didn't make it through security but the rest yes!!! At least this will be easy to buy there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you bring the stick? airline security FREAKED when i did that. of course you can do it :) have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete