Thursday, May 5, 2011

What is it healty??

As the day of the Bear Mountain ultra approaches I am hearing more and more questions/comments from people about how crazy it is to run this much.

I am starting to be annoyed about this because  people speak without knowing what they are saying and or looking at their own life before judging me and my hobby.

I was wondering the other day how come I have to listen people telling me that running a marathon/ultra is not healthy when they do not exercises at all?? or when they eat junk food every day or they are overweight?  The other day this person in the office was having a regular coke and chips for breakfast (she is also overweight) and she told me that it is not good for my body to run this much.

I am not slender but  I try to eat healthy, maybe I eat more that  I burn :) but I watch the quality of my food and I consider myself relatively fit.   Is it more healthy to be overweight or have blood pressure, or not exercise than running a marathon??? 

I agree that many people go too far, as keep running while injured or getting many shots to keep running etc, this is not healthy neither!!! but it is not my case and not the case of most of the runners I know.  We are all very conscious about these things.

Why is it ok for them to tell me " you are crazy, you are going to hurt your knees, it is not good to run that much"  but I am sure I could be judge in a very bad way  if I tell them that it is not healthy  to eat or weight  that much ??

Do people realize that these comments bother us (runners) as much as it can bother them if we comment about their non-healthy behaviors?....  just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment