Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A little behind with my posts but moving forward with my training!!

With all the craziness of the long weekend I didn't post about my last week training and now  just seems to be so far away!!  

I think the balance of the last week and a half is good...except for Sunday :) ....I have been feeling really good and my legs feels almost normal again....I think I am finally recovered  from the ultra and can focus a little in my speed.....Berlin: I am going for you and a PR!!!!


Monday:  Hill work out....1.5 miles warm up  7 x 1/4 mile hill repeat  recovering on the downhill (I am following Scott Jurek advice to adapt the ultra training for my marathon training) 1.5 miles cold down

Tuesday: Speed Class ...1 mile warm up, run 3 min On, 1 min Off, 2 min On, 1 min Off, 1 min On, 2 min Off...and repeat...we did it in a hilly area of the park so it was a combination of speed and hill work...and a very humid and hot afternoon!! (On= fast, Off= recovery pace)

Wednesday: 17 miles bike ride

Thursday: 7 miles tempo run

Friday: off from running or biking - I did crunches, push ups and others....oh yes...I am starting with core training!! it was about time!!

Saturday: 16 miles @ Marathon pace
Sunday:  well....I was supposed to ride 40 miles :) but when I woke up it was raining and ...well.....I took an additional day off...shame on me! I was lazy!!

Monday: 8 miles - easy

Tuesday: Speed Class - 1 mile warm up - 12 x 400's repeats fast with 1 minute recovery in between....first time in a long time I was able to run some of the repeats at 6:38!!! and the others at 7:30!!! for my pace...that was fast!

Wednesday: I was a mentor with Team for Kids and we did speed work out... I was the pacer for the slow group so the pace was slower than my own speed class but still a good workout... we did  1.3 miles warm up,  5 x 400's repeat  with 300's recovery in between, 1.3 miles cold down.

Everything is mental....if you think you can do it...you will do it!!! keep training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment